AUSTRALIAN PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Personal and contact details such as name, date of birth, email addresses, phone numbers, physical and postal addresses.
- Information about your prior work history, including employers, positions held, salary or wage information, reasons for leaving, references and details of referees.
- Information about current or ongoing employment or contracting arrangements which we may have arranged or which we are involved in, including information on your performance, workplace incidents, leave or absences.
- Hobbies, interests, personal preferences, family circumstances and arrangements, personal references and details of referees.
- Information regarding your education and your educational, academic and vocational qualifications.
- Visa, passport and driver’s licence information.
- Bank account, tax file number and superannuation details.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally we collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us, for example:
- When you contact us or send us your resume in response to an advertised position. We may receive this information directly in person, from our website, email or mail, or we may receive it through an intermediary job board provider (e.g. Seek).
- When you contact us, meet with us or send us unsolicited information or your resume.
We may also collect information from sources other than from you directly, including:
- From third party sources where you have voluntarily provided your resume or other personal information (e.g. Seek).
- From other publicly available sources including social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- From referees where you have provided the referee’s details for us to contact.
- Via referral from clients and other third parties.
It may not always be possible for us to notify you when we are collecting information from third party sources, but we will try to do so if it is reasonably practicable in the circumstances.
If you are providing us with personal information about another person, you warrant to us that you have that person’s consent to disclose their personal information to us.
Our website may use “cookies” (these are files that are implanted in your hard drive by some websites to store information about your web use patterns) to enhance or personalise our website services. These cookies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of our website. We may in any case collect anonymous information that allows us to review information about the date, time and duration of visits to our website without identifying you. This information is generally automatically provided to us by your web browser.
Purposes for which we hold Personal Information
We hold personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you. This includes:
- Assessing your suitability for particular jobs.
- Seeking to procure suitable jobs for you.
- Managing jobs and engagements which we have procured for you, including managing our and your relationship with the employer concerned.
We may also use your personal information to contact you from time to time to provide you with news or information which may be of interest to you, including information on events, services or promotions which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes you can let us know at any time by contacting us at the details below. Every commercial electronic communication sent by us will contain a functional unsubscribe facility or otherwise allow you to easily opt out of such communications.
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose. This may include disclosing information to:
- Prospective employers. This may include employers of jobs you have specifically applied for, employers seeking candidates for jobs for which you have not specifically applied, or to prospective employers who may not be presently seeking a particular, specified role.
- Third parties in order to verify any information provided by you, including professional associations, educational or vocational institutions or bodies.
- Referees where you have provided the referee’s details for us to contact.
- Migration agents, if applicable.
- Superannuation funds and the Australian Taxation Office.
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information. This may include disclosure in connection with any legal proceedings or anticipated legal proceedings, or in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise disclose our database of personal information to an actual or potential successor entity, purchaser, or investor in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of our assets or a substantial part of our assets, share sale, investment transaction or other corporate rearrangement.
You agree that we may disclose your personal information in any of these circumstances. We disclaim all liability for any privacy breaches by third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information in accordance with this policy.
You may withdraw your consent to use or disclose your personal information at any time. To withdraw this consent please contact us at the details below. Please note that withdrawing your consent may mean that we are unable to provide you with our services.
We contract out a number of services from time to time. We may disclose, and our contractors may come into possession of, some of your personal information, in connection with the services the contractors are providing. Typically our contractors would include:
- I.T. contractors and database designers and providers;
- Bookkeepers and accountants;
- Recruitment consultants.
TRANSFER OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Personal information that we collect may be transferred and stored outside of Australia between any of the countries in which we, our related entities, our clients, or our service providers operate. Such countries are likely to include the United States of America, the United Kingdom and Singapore. It is however not practicable to specify all the countries in which overseas recipients may be located, as many of our clients operate multinational businesses. We have no control over their information management practices, which may include transferring or storing data overseas, and we disclaim all responsibility for the overseas transfer of your personal information by such businesses.
Your personal information may also be transferred overseas if we sell, transfer or disclose our database of personal information to an actual or potential successor entity, purchaser or investor who is located or has offices overseas. It is not practicable to specify the likely countries in which recipients of information may be located in this regard.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Once in our possession, we take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse, interference and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Whilst we endeavour to provide a secure online environment, there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the internet and no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We therefore cannot warrant the security of any information you provide to us over the internet and you do so at your own risk.
We encourage you to play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords and account details used on our website. It is your sole responsibility to maintain such confidentiality and we will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered due to such disclosure.
Our website may contain links to third party websites and social media features that are hosted by a third party. Links to other websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the information found on those websites. You should evaluate the accuracy, relevance and suitability for your purposes of any such information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites, and your interactions with any social media features are governed by the privacy policies and practices of the hosting entities.
Inquiries and Complaints
You can make further inquiries or complaints about our privacy policies to our Director, whose contact details are:
Phone: (02) 8853 7838
Email: [email protected]
We will endeavour to:
- Provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 48 hours; and
- Resolve your query or complaint within 10 business days.
You can also make complaints to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page or call 1300 363 992).
This policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and/or changes to our operations. Any information we hold about you will be governed by our most current policy. We recommend that you periodically review this policy for any changes.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us, please contact us via the details above if any of your details provided have changed or if you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We may refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality attached to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to or correct or update your personal information you should contact our Director. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.